2019 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XI COUNTY ORGANIZATION AND INTERGOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS
Chapter 163 INTERGOVERNMENTAL PROGRAMS
SECTION 3191Evaluation and appraisal of comprehensive plan.
163.3191 Evaluation and appraisal of comprehensive plan.—
(1) At least once every 7 years, each local government shall evaluate its comprehensive plan to determine if plan amendments are necessary to reflect changes in state requirements in this part since the last update of the comprehensive plan, and notify the state land planning agency as to its determination.
(2) If the local government determines amendments to its comprehensive plan are necessary to reflect changes in state requirements, the local government shall prepare and transmit within 1 year such plan amendment or amendments for review pursuant to s. 163.3184.
(3) Local governments are encouraged to comprehensively evaluate and, as necessary, update comprehensive plans to reflect changes in local conditions. Plan amendments transmitted pursuant to this section shall be reviewed pursuant to s. 163.3184(4).
(4) If a local government fails to submit its letter prescribed by subsection (1) or update its plan pursuant to subsection (2), it may not amend its comprehensive plan until such time as it complies with this section.
(5) The state land planning agency may not adopt rules to implement this section, other than procedural rules or a schedule indicating when local governments must comply with the requirements of this section.
History.—s. 11, ch. 75-257; s. 10, ch. 85-55; s. 11, ch. 86-191; s. 10, ch. 92-129; s. 13, ch. 93-206; s. 6, ch. 95-322; s. 29, ch. 96-410; s. 5, ch. 96-416; s. 4, ch. 98-146; ss. 6, 14, ch. 98-176; s. 5, ch. 98-258; s. 17, ch. 2000-158; s. 9, ch. 2002-296; s. 905, ch. 2002-387; s. 4, ch. 2004-230; s. 8, ch. 2005-290; s. 12, ch. 2005-291; s. 13, ch. 2007-196; s. 5, ch. 2007-198; s. 4, ch. 2007-204; s. 5, ch. 2010-205; s. 20, ch. 2011-139; s. 8, ch. 2012-96; s. 9, ch. 2012-99.