2018 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XLVI CRIMES
Chapter 790 WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
SECTION 01Unlicensed carrying of concealed weapons or concealed firearms.
790.01 Unlicensed carrying of concealed weapons or concealed firearms.—
(1) Except as provided in subsection (3), a person who is not licensed under s. 790.06 and who carries a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (3), a person who is not licensed under s. 790.06 and who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) This section does not apply to:
(a) A person who carries a concealed weapon, or a person who may lawfully possess a firearm and who carries a concealed firearm, on or about his or her person while in the act of evacuating during a mandatory evacuation order issued during a state of emergency declared by the Governor pursuant to chapter 252 or declared by a local authority pursuant to chapter 870. As used in this subsection, the term “in the act of evacuating” means the immediate and urgent movement of a person away from the evacuation zone within 48 hours after a mandatory evacuation is ordered. The 48 hours may be extended by an order issued by the Governor.
(b) A person who carries for purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:
1. A self-defense chemical spray.
2. A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
History.—s. 1, ch. 4929, 1901; GS 3262; RGS 5095; CGL 7197; s. 1, ch. 67-165; s. 2, ch. 69-306; s. 739, ch. 71-136; s. 2, ch. 76-165; s. 3, ch. 80-268; s. 2, ch. 92-183; s. 2, ch. 97-72; s. 1203, ch. 97-102; s. 5, ch. 2004-286; s. 2, ch. 2006-298; s. 1, ch. 2015-44.