2022 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XLVIII EARLY LEARNING-20 EDUCATION CODE
Chapter 1002 STUDENT AND PARENTAL RIGHTS AND EDUCATIONAL CHOICES
1002.51 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Department” means the Department of Education.
(2) “Disability” means any disability listed in the definition of exceptional student in s. 1003.01.
(3) “Specialized instructional services provider” means a provider delivering specialized instructional services under s. 1002.66.
(4) “Early learning coalition” or “coalition” means an early learning coalition created under s. 1002.83.
(5) “Prekindergarten director” means an onsite person ultimately responsible for the overall operation of a private prekindergarten provider or, alternatively, of the provider’s prekindergarten program, regardless of whether the person is the owner of the provider.
(6) “Prekindergarten instructor” means a teacher or child care personnel as defined in s. 402.302 who provide instruction to students in the Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program.
(7) “Private prekindergarten provider” means a provider other than a public school which is eligible to deliver the school-year prekindergarten program under s. 1002.55 or the summer prekindergarten program under s. 1002.61.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2004-484; s. 2, ch. 2010-227; s. 2, ch. 2013-252; s. 57, ch. 2017-116.