2023 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title X PUBLIC OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND RECORDS
Chapter 110 STATE EMPLOYMENT
SECTION 504Volunteer benefits.
110.504 Volunteer benefits.—
(1) Meals may be furnished without charge to regular-service volunteers serving state departments, provided the scheduled assignment extends over an established meal period, and to occasional-service volunteers at the discretion of the department head. No department shall expend or authorize any expenditure in excess of the amount provided for by appropriation in any fiscal year.
(2) Lodging, if available, may be furnished temporarily, in case of a department emergency, at no charge to regular-service volunteers.
(3) Transportation reimbursement may be furnished those volunteers whose presence is determined to be necessary to the department. Volunteers may utilize state vehicles in the performance of department-related duties. No department shall expend or authorize an expenditure in excess of the amount appropriated in any fiscal year.
(4) Volunteers shall be covered by state liability protection in accordance with the definition of a volunteer and the provisions of s. 768.28.
(5) Volunteers shall be covered by workers’ compensation in accordance with chapter 440.
(6) Incidental recognition benefits or incidental nonmonetary awards may be furnished to volunteers serving in state departments to award, recognize, or encourage volunteers for their service. The awards may not cost in excess of $100 each plus applicable taxes.
(7) Volunteers, including volunteers receiving a stipend as provided by the Domestic Service Volunteer Act of 1973, as amended (Pub. L. No. 93-113), shall be covered by s. 768.1355, the Florida Volunteer Protection Act.
History.—s. 4, ch. 78-263; s. 24, ch. 79-190; s. 8, ch. 83-159; s. 49, ch. 96-399; s. 14, ch. 99-399.
Note.—Former s. 112.904.