2018 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XIX PUBLIC BUSINESS
Chapter 288 COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT AND CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS
SECTION 905President and employees of Enterprise Florida, Inc.
288.905 President and employees of Enterprise Florida, Inc.—
(1) The board of directors of Enterprise Florida, Inc., shall appoint a president, who shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor. The president shall also be known as the “secretary of commerce” and shall serve as the Governor’s chief negotiator for business recruitment and business expansion.
(2) The president is the chief administrative and operational officer of the board of directors and of Enterprise Florida, Inc., and shall direct and supervise the administrative affairs of the board of directors and any divisions, councils, or boards. The board of directors may delegate to the president those powers and responsibilities it deems appropriate, including hiring and management of all staff, except for the appointment of a president.
(3) The board of directors shall establish and adjust the president’s compensation.
(4) No employee of Enterprise Florida, Inc., including an officer or agent, the president, or the chief executive officer, may receive public compensation for employment that exceeds the salary and benefits authorized to be paid to the Governor. Any public payments of performance bonuses or severance pay to employees are prohibited unless specifically authorized by law.
(5) Lodging expenses for an employee of Enterprise Florida, Inc., may not exceed $150 per day, excluding taxes, unless the corporation is participating in a negotiated group rate discount or the corporation provides documentation of at least three comparable alternatives demonstrating that such lodging at the required rate is not available. However, an employee of the corporation may expend his or her own funds for any lodging expenses in excess of $150 per day.
(6) Funds of Enterprise Florida, Inc., may not be expended for food, beverages, lodging, entertainment, or gifts for employees of the corporation, board members of the corporation, or employees of a tourist or economic development entity that receives revenue from a tax imposed pursuant to s. 125.0104, s. 125.0108, or s. 212.0305, unless authorized pursuant to s. 112.061 or this section. An employee or board member of Enterprise Florida, Inc., may not accept or receive food, beverages, lodging, entertainment, or gifts from a tourist or economic development entity that receives revenue from a tax imposed pursuant to s. 125.0104, s. 125.0108, or s. 212.0305, or from any person, vendor, or other entity, doing business with the corporation unless such food, beverage, lodging, entertainment, or gift is available to similarly situated members of the general public.
History.—s. 6, ch. 92-277; s. 85, ch. 96-320; s. 42, ch. 97-100; s. 32, ch. 97-278; s. 71, ch. 99-13; s. 32, ch. 99-251; s. 82, ch. 2000-165; s. 5, ch. 2000-317; s. 28, ch. 2005-2; s. 26, ch. 2011-142; s. 23, ch. 2017-233.