2023 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XXIII MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 318 DISPOSITION OF TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS
SECTION 17Offenses excepted.
318.17 Offenses excepted.—No provision of this chapter is available to a person who is charged with any of the following offenses:
(1) Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, in violation of s. 316.1935;
(3) Driving, or being in actual physical control of, any vehicle while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, in violation of s. 316.193, or driving with an unlawful blood-alcohol level;
(4) Reckless driving, in violation of s. 316.192;
(5) Making false crash reports, in violation of s. 316.067;
(6) Willfully failing or refusing to comply with any lawful order or direction of any police officer or member of the fire department, in violation of s. 316.072(3);
(7) Obstructing an officer, in violation of s. 316.545(1); or
(8) Any other offense in chapter 316 which is classified as a criminal violation.
History.—s. 1, ch. 74-377; s. 37, ch. 76-31; s. 4, ch. 77-456; s. 7, ch. 82-155; s. 4, ch. 83-187; s. 4, ch. 85-87; s. 20, ch. 86-296; s. 46, ch. 96-350; s. 251, ch. 99-248; s. 3, ch. 2004-388.