2022 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XXVI PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
Chapter 339 TRANSPORTATION FINANCE AND PLANNING
SECTION 2819Transportation Regional Incentive Program.
339.2819 Transportation Regional Incentive Program.—
(1) There is created within the Department of Transportation a Transportation Regional Incentive Program for the purpose of providing funds to improve regionally significant transportation facilities in regional transportation areas created pursuant to s. 339.155(4).
(2) The percentage of matching funds provided from the Transportation Regional Incentive Program shall be up to 50 percent of project costs.
(3) The department shall allocate funding available for the Transportation Regional Incentive Program to the districts based on a factor derived from equal parts of population and motor fuel collections for eligible counties in regional transportation areas created pursuant to s. 339.155(4).
(4)(a) Projects to be funded with Transportation Regional Incentive Program funds shall, at a minimum:
1. Serve national, statewide, or regional functions and function as part of an integrated regional transportation system.
2. Be identified in the capital improvements element of a comprehensive plan that has been determined to be in compliance with part II of chapter 163, after July 1, 2005. Further, the project shall be in compliance with local government comprehensive plan policies relative to corridor management.
3. Be consistent with the Strategic Intermodal System Plan developed under s. 339.64.
4. Have a commitment for local, regional, or private financial matching funds as a percentage of the overall project cost.
(b) Projects funded under this section shall be included in the department’s work program developed pursuant to s. 339.135. The department may not program a project to be funded under this section unless the project meets the requirements of this section.
(c) The department shall give priority to projects that:
1. Provide connectivity to the Strategic Intermodal System developed under s. 339.64.
2. Support economic development and the movement of goods in rural areas of opportunity designated under s. 288.0656(7).
3. Are subject to a local ordinance that establishes corridor management techniques, including access management strategies, right-of-way acquisition and protection measures, appropriate land use strategies, zoning, and setback requirements for adjacent land uses.
4. Improve connectivity between military installations and the Strategic Highway Network or the Strategic Rail Corridor Network.
The department shall also consider the extent to which local matching funds are available to be committed to the project.
(5) Funds paid into the State Transportation Trust Fund pursuant to s. 201.15 for the purposes of the Transportation Regional Incentive Program are hereby annually appropriated for expenditure to support that program.
History.—s. 12, ch. 2005-290; s. 35, ch. 2006-1; s. 41, ch. 2007-196; s. 6, ch. 2008-114; s. 49, ch. 2011-139; s. 56, ch. 2012-174; s. 37, ch. 2014-218; s. 84, ch. 2015-229.