2023 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XXVIII NATURAL RESOURCES; CONSERVATION, RECLAMATION, AND USE
Chapter 379 FISH AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION
SECTION 364License required for fur and hide dealers.
379.364 License required for fur and hide dealers.—
(1) A person may not engage in the business of a dealer or buyer in green or dried alligator hides or green or dried furs in the state or purchase such hides or furs within the state until the person has been licensed as provided in this section.
(2) A person who solicits business through the mail, or by advertising, or who travels to buy or employs or has other agents or buyers, shall be deemed a dealer.
(3) A resident dealer must pay a license fee of $100 per annum.
(4) A nonresident dealer must pay a license fee of $500 per annum.
(5) A person who violates this section commits a Level Two violation under s. 379.401.
History.—s. 61, ch. 13644, 1929; CGL 1936 Supp. 1977(61); s. 581, ch. 95-148; s. 141, ch. 99-245; s. 39, ch. 2000-362; s. 150, ch. 2008-247; s. 8, ch. 2015-161; s. 16, ch. 2016-107.
Note.—Former s. 372.66.