2023 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XXIX PUBLIC HEALTH
Chapter 408 HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION
SECTION 807Change of ownership.
408.807 Change of ownership.—Whenever a change of ownership occurs:
(1) The transferor shall notify the agency in writing at least 60 days before the anticipated date of the change of ownership.
(2) The transferee shall make application to the agency for a license within the timeframes required in s. 408.806.
(3) The transferor shall be responsible and liable for:
(a) The lawful operation of the provider and the welfare of the clients served until the date the transferee is licensed by the agency.
(b) Any and all penalties imposed against the transferor for violations occurring before the date of change of ownership.
(4) Any restriction on licensure, including a conditional license existing at the time of a change of ownership, shall remain in effect until the agency determines that the grounds for the restriction are corrected.
(5) The transferee shall maintain records of the transferor as required in this part, authorizing statutes, and applicable rules, including:
(a) All client records.
(b) Inspection reports.
(c) All records required to be maintained pursuant to s. 409.913, if applicable.
History.—s. 5, ch. 2006-192.