2023 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XXXVI BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS
Chapter 607 FLORIDA BUSINESS CORPORATION ACT
SECTION 1002Amendment by board of directors.
607.1002 Amendment by board of directors.—Unless the articles of incorporation provide otherwise, a corporation’s board of directors may adopt one or more amendments to the corporation’s articles of incorporation without shareholder approval:
(1) To extend the duration of the corporation if it was incorporated at a time when limited duration was required by law;
(2) To delete the names and addresses of the initial directors;
(3) To delete the name and address of the initial registered agent or registered office, if a statement of change is on file with the department;
(4) To delete any other information contained in the articles of incorporation that is solely of historical interest;
(5) To delete the authorization for a class or series of shares authorized pursuant to s. 607.0602, if no shares of such class or series are issued;
(6) To change the corporate name by substituting the word “corporation,” “incorporated,” or “company,” or the abbreviation “corp.,” “Inc.,” or “Co.,” for a similar word or abbreviation in the name, or by adding, deleting, or changing a geographical attribution for the name;
(7) To change the par value for a class or series of shares;
(8) To provide that if the corporation acquires its own shares, such shares belong to the corporation and constitute treasury shares until disposed of or canceled by the corporation;
(9) To reflect a reduction in authorized shares, as a result of the operation of s. 607.0631(2), when the corporation has acquired its own shares and the articles of incorporation prohibit the reissue of the acquired shares;
(10) To delete a class of shares from the articles of incorporation, as a result of the operation of s. 607.0631(2), when there are no remaining shares of the class because the corporation has acquired all shares of the class and the articles of incorporation prohibit the reissue of the acquired shares; or
(11) To make any other change expressly permitted by this chapter to be made without shareholder approval.
History.—s. 98, ch. 89-154; s. 28, ch. 93-281; s. 7, ch. 97-230; s. 119, ch. 2019-90; s. 26, ch. 2020-32.