2022 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XLVI CRIMES
Chapter 872 OFFENSES CONCERNING DEAD BODIES AND GRAVES
SECTION 06Abuse of a dead human body; penalty.
872.06 Abuse of a dead human body; penalty.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Female genitals” includes the labia minora, labia majora, clitoris, vulva, hymen, and vagina.
(b) “Sexual abuse” means:
1. Anal or female genital penetration of a dead human body by the sexual organ of a person or by any other object;
2. Contact or union of the penis, female genitals, or anus of a person with the mouth, penis, female genitals, or anus of a dead human body; or
3. Contact or union of a person’s mouth with the penis, female genitals, or anus of a dead human body.
(2) A person who mutilates, commits sexual abuse upon, or otherwise grossly abuses a dead human body commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. Any act done for a bona fide medical purpose or for any other lawful purpose does not under any circumstance constitute a violation of this section.
History.—s. 1, ch. 96-393; s. 11, ch. 2022-165.