2022 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XLVII CRIMINAL PROCEDURE AND CORRECTIONS
Chapter 921 SENTENCE
SECTION 0023Criminal Punishment Code; ranking unlisted felony offenses.
921.0023 Criminal Punishment Code; ranking unlisted felony offenses.—A felony offense committed on or after October 1, 1998, that is not listed in s. 921.0022 is ranked with respect to offense severity level by the Legislature, commensurate with the harm or potential harm that is caused by the offense to the community. Until the Legislature specifically assigns an offense to a severity level in the offense severity ranking chart, the severity level is within the following parameters:
(1) A felony of the third degree within offense level 1.
(2) A felony of the second degree within offense level 4.
(3) A felony of the first degree within offense level 7.
(4) A felony of the first degree punishable by life within offense level 9.
(5) A life felony within offense level 10.
History.—s. 6, ch. 97-194; s. 5, ch. 98-204.