2023 Florida Statutes< Back to Statute Search
Title XIX PUBLIC BUSINESS
Chapter 290 URBAN REDEVELOPMENT
SECTION 048General powers of department under ss. 290.0401-290.048.
290.048 General powers of department under ss. 290.0401-290.048.—The department has all the powers necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes and provisions of the program, including the power to:
(1) Make contracts and agreements with the Federal Government; other agencies of the state; any other public agency; or any other public person, association, corporation, local government, or entity in exercising its powers and performing its duties under ss. 290.0401-290.048.
(2) Seek and accept funding from any public or private source.
(3) Adopt and enforce rules not inconsistent with ss. 290.0401-290.048 for the administration of the fund.
(4) Assist in training employees of local governing authorities to help achieve and increase their capacity to administer programs pursuant to ss. 290.0401-290.048 and provide technical assistance and advice to local governing authorities involved with these programs.
(5) Pledge community development block grant revenues from the Federal Government in order to guarantee notes or other obligations of a public entity which are approved pursuant to s. 290.0455.
(6) Establish an advisory committee of no more than 13 members to solicit participation in designing, administering, and evaluating the program and in linking the program with other housing and community development resources.
History.—s. 8, ch. 83-205; s. 40, ch. 88-201; s. 6, ch. 90-275; s. 47, ch. 97-278; s. 45, ch. 2001-89; s. 24, ch. 2001-201; s. 222, ch. 2011-142; s. 40, ch. 2012-5; s. 15, ch. 2014-218.